ONLY FOR A BSC TRAVEL HOME GAME - CANCELLATION AND RE-SCHEDULE POLICY
1. Due to the limited available time out on the complex, we have a strict re-scheduling policy. Please review the MYSA game schedule as soon as it is published with your team to make the necessary changes within the allotted time frame as given by MYSA. We will work with teams to the utmost of our abilities to reschedule a game when the situation warrants.
2. A valid reason must be provided for a re-schedule. Re-scheduling a game causes issues/concerns for both teams involved, referees, referee assignors, field assignors and most importantly the families involved. Every effort should be made to adhere to the established schedule.
There are situations that warrant a schedule change. Examples include most or all players involved with a mandatory school event scheduled for the same time, or No coach AND No manager being available for reasons beyond their control (basically an adult with a current MYSA pass must be present on the sideline). Any other rescheduling of games during the season is strongly discouraged. Thus missing a key player, the missing a couple players from the full team, or one of the coaches not being available are not justifiable reasons to reschedule a game.
3. If the opposing team will not agree to the need to reschedule, the game will be played on the original date and location or you will need to cancel it or it will be regarded as a forfeit. For further help in this regard, you may need to contact your MYSA District Director for additional assistance.
4. We ask that any game changes that need to be made during the season be received as soon as you know and with a minimum of 10 days prior to the original game date to allow for proper notification to those involved in the game.
5. Teams failing to notify the Blaine Soccer Club Office 72 hours prior to a cancellation or not show for a scheduled game may be charged a No-Show fee. You must use the online form to cancel the game with the club as it notifies the BSC office and schedulers. Blaine Soccer Club reserves the right to issue penalties for failure to observe these notification procedures.
The following are potential consequences for the team:
CANCELLATION AND RE-SCHEDULE PROCEDURE
1. You must first contact the opposing team coach and/or manager for the request to reschedule the game.
2. Both teams should agree on two available re-schedule dates that suit both teams. Please look for dates a minimum of 2 weeks out if possible to allow for the scheduling of fields referees. Summer Season - Fri/Sat/Sun are generally fine.
3. Once you have agreed on a dates, only the BLAINE team must fill out the on-line reschedule form with the Blaine Soccer Club and submit it.
4. Reschedule requests must include: Game Number, Date, Time, Field and Teams of the original game, and the requested date and time for the rescheduling of the match. Please try to list several options for rescheduling.
5. If no reschedule date is provided or agreed to, the game can still be cancelled from its original Date/Field/Time so that the officials can be notified and no fines assessed. Please resubmit the online form once dates have been agreed to.
6. Do not assume a reschedule is OK until you hear back from the Club that it has been reassigned. We will schedule you a date and time based on the availability of fields and referees.
7. Once reassigned, it is then the responsibility of the home team to alert the MYSA - even if the opposing team requested the change. You will need to go to http://www.mnyouthsoccer.org/page/show/696421-mysa-member-login and log in under "managers", using your team password. Then go to "reschedule" and click which game you want to reschedule. You'll be walked through the details. Then MYSA will send a requesting e-mail to the opposing team, which has to log in and accept the change. Then the MYSA will send a confirmation e-mail back to you, the field scheduler and the referee assignor that the requested change was accepted. Referees will then be assigned.
8. Alert your team of the confirmed re-schedule of the game.
Rescheduling RECREATIONAL League Games
The Blaine Soccer Club generally does not cancel games due to weather. Typically weather and field conditions are monitored during the day as to their playability by Blaine Soccer Club and City of Blaine staff. Games will be attempted to be played rain or shine. Please see additional information on severe weather guidelines for conditions that would warrant postponing or the suspension of games. The club may have someone monitoring the weather on-site, however game officials and coaches should discuss before the game starts what the procedures will be to insure the safety of the players. The decision to cancel a match usually rests with the referee at the field at the time of the match. Once the game has started, the decision to stop play rests again with the referee. If the game is called prior to half time, the game will be attempted to be re-played in its entirety on another date. If the game is called at halftime or any point thereafter, the game is considered a complete game and for the older recreational age divisions, the final score stands.
Recreational League Game Rescheduling procedure
1. Contact the game scheduler as to the cancellation due to weather as listed above. You may use the on-line reschedule form for this purpose. This should include the following information please:
2. We will look to reschedule your game based on availability of fields and your future game schedule.
3. Once the new date, time, and location are confirmed, you may notify your team of the make-up
|Game Cancellation and Reschedule Request Form|