skip navigation

COVID-19 Update | May 22

By BSC Staff, 05/24/20, 1:15PM CDT


BLAINE, MN | May 22nd, 4:00PM



Dear BSC Members,


On Wednesday, Governor Walz held a press conference and provided additional details for the Stay Safe Plan that includes gradual expansion for organized youth sports and training activities. With this permitted expansion, we are officially entering Phase 2 of our Return-to-Play Plan effective June 1, 2020. 





Phase 2 comes with several limitations to ensure that we are creating a safe environment for players, coaches, and families. Please read the specifics of return to play protocols here. 


We are committed to following these protocols as a club. Returning to play will be challenging and will require teamwork from everyone. Please read the roles and responsibility guidelines to better understand everyone's role for a safe and successful return to the field.


Our goal as an organization is to provide opportunities for players to experience the social, physical, and emotional benefits of sport. That being said, the safety of our members is paramount and you know what’s best for your child. Therefore, returning to play is voluntary and at your own risk. If you are not comfortable returning, please let your coach know as soon as possible so we can plan for a smooth return to the field. More information will be sent out next week about small-group training. 





These are unprecedented times and we want to hear from you. To help us better plan for the months ahead, please fill out the following survey related to return to play: Return to Play Survey





Earlier today, we were informed that the TCSL and MYSA Summer Seasons have been cancelled. Additionally, the NSC announced earlier this week that all tournaments including the USA cup were cancelled, effectively ending game play for the summer season.


We are saddened for the players not only in our club but across the state will not get the opportunity to play games this summer that they had hoped to play going into 2020. This decision was made based on several factors including an uncertain timeline, club & family considerations, and league integrity. 





At this time, we are planning for a "normal" fall season with tryouts held in late July, and training starting in mid-August. Should any of this change, we will let everyone know immediately. We will continue to follow our Return to Play Plan and the Governor's guidance on how to progress. 





Now that we know more about the summer season, we will begin finalizing refund details for families for missed games and events.


We will work to get those processed as quickly as possible but please know that this will take some time as we are still collecting returns from several tournaments, leagues, hotels, and partners and assessing the financial fallout of the COVID-19 crisis.


More information will come out in the next two week.


If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.




BSC Board of Directors and Executive Director